Term Sheet -- Thursday, May
By Polina Marinova 9:32 AM EDT
• OpenClassrooms, a Paris-based online higher education platform, raised $60 million in Series B funding. General Atlantic led the round.
• Parsable, a San Francisco-based provider of a connected worker platform, raised $40 million in Series C funding. Future Fund led the round.
• Plastiq, a San Francisco-based payment solutions provider, raised $27 million in funding. Investors include Atlas Venture, Khosla Ventures and Top Tier Capital Partners.
• Mynd, an Oakland, Calif.-based tech-enabled property management company, raised $20 million in Series B funding. Lightspeed Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including investors Canaan Partners and Jackson Square Ventures.
• Arevo, a Santa Clara, California-based provider of 3D printing technology and services, raised $12.5 million in Series B funding. Asahi Glass led the round, and was joined by investors including Sumitomo Corporation of Americas, Leslie Ventures and Khosla Ventures.
• Compound, a blockchain technology company, raised $8.2 million in seed funding. Bain Capital Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz and Polychain Capital led the round, and were joined by investors including Transmedia Capital, Compound Ventures, Abstract Ventures, Danhua Capital and Coinbase.
• Tracking First, a Provo, Utah-based enterprise data governance platform, raised $4 million in funding. Silverton Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including Kickstart Seed Fund.
• PetPlate, a Brooklyn-based direct-to-consumer subscription service that delivers fresh-cooked pet meals, raised $4 million in seed funding. Dane Creek Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Amity Supply, SWAT Equity, The Yard Ventures, Castor Ventures, and BrandProject.
• Student Loan Genius, an Austin-based student loan benefits provider, raised $3.5 million in funding. Vestigo Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including CMFG Ventures, Prudential Financial and Rubicon Venture Capital.
• CareTaker Medical, a Charlottesville, Virginia-based wireless medical device firm, raised $3.4 million in funding. Investors include IrishAngels and KOFA Healthcare.
• RunSafe Security, a McLean, Virginia-based provider of a patented cyberhardening process for vulnerable embedded systems and devices across critical infrastructure, raised $2.4 million in seed funding. Alsop Louie Partner led the round.
NewlyRead is proudly powered by NewsAPI.org